(not python related)
I have seen this guy participating in a game jam in Vienna’s Metalab. He is good. His Forum posting is very interesting: He will auction off his next -not yet written- game jam entry (on GiGJam). If this idea works, game jams can suddenly turn from amusing to profitable for the participants.
See the original forum post:
Don’t laugh, I’m serious with this. I got a decent track record regarding game jams, I’m even doing this #onegameamonth thing, and my games get better, a lot. In April I’ve created a puzzle game, first with Corona and I still fail at marketing so I wonder why not sell off the games to someone who’s actually good at marketing. Sad to see a good game to waste, isn’t it? I previously won a gamejam in 2010 with a game called The Flying Camera and I barely ever fail at jams.
So for the upcoming GIGJam I want to auction my game, and in the spirit of kickstarter, start the auction before the jam even starts. I’ll post regular updates on the game while working on it.
What the lucky winner gets is:
* The game that I create during the GigJam this weekend
* All the copyright on the idea, artwork, sound and the code I’m going to write.
* All the code, artwork, and sound comes in a git repo for extra security
* 1 additional day of my work to adjust the game to your needs and get it ready for submission
* Bugfixes within the first month
* For every $150 of the winning bid another day of work. Maximum 4 days within a month (i.e. $600 gets you a whole week)
* If you started bidding before the jam begins on you get those extra days for only $100
Bids are accepted under email@example.com until the very end of the jam or if that time passes without bids the first to mail me gets the game for $1. If against all odds I should fail to complete the game during the jam the bidders are given a choice wether to redraw their bid or give me another day to work on the game.
See my previous games at http://ananasblau.com/games
Don’t bid if you don’t have experience with marketing. I’d rather settle for $100 and see the game being the next Angry bird than making $1000 in this auction.